Podcast: Play in new window | Download
On this episode, we learn about The Way In – a mental health initiative that is being piloted by Edmonton Public Schools. John Holmes, Principal of Kate Chegwin School, tells us about out how having a professional therapist on site can provide support for students, build mental health capacity for teachers and staff, and create a social return on investment for the whole community.
Here are some articles and resources to learn more about the return on investment for mental health resources in schools:
– Return on Investment: Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention
– High school dropouts cost countries a staggering amount of money
– Impact of COVID-19 and lockdown on mental health of children and adolescents: A narrative review with recommendations
– Return on Early Childhood Investment
Here are the 4 schools currently participating in The Way In:
– Kate Chegwin School
– Thelma Chalifoux School
– Dan Knott School
– T.D. Baker School
Read the latest on our blog.
See our Rapid Response Fund in action!
Create your own fund to support the causes you care about.
Check out our ECF Fund listing and Strategic Granting Guide.
See more ways ECF connects you with Edmonton’s community.
Check out some of the amazing funds our donors have created.
Young Edmonton Grants – Deadline is Feb. 15.
* Click here too see all ECF Grants.
Upcoming Student Awards:
* Click here to find details for all of our student awards!
The Well Endowed Podcast is produced by Edmonton Community Foundation. And is a proud, affiliate member of the Alberta Podcast Network.